You’ve just set your wedding date in Italy, Europe or maybe the UK and you’re starting to organise and think about the many details it’s going to involve: flowers, favours, your colour theme, entertainment, catering, you know what I mean. Whether you’re a recently engaged couple or an experienced wedding planner specialised in destination weddings, how do you go about choosing the perfect Event Painter for your special day?
Here are a series of points to keep in mind when choosing the perfect Event Painter:
- Visit their website. Is it neat, organised? Does it have personality and a style of its own? Does it look happy and communicate serenity? Does the painter look friendly and natural?
- Have a look at their gallery of paintings and ask yourself, Is this a style that I like? Would I want their work hanging in my home? Does it reflect my values of beauty and aesthetics?
- Where are they located? Will they travel to my venue?
- If you’re having a international destination wedding it may be a plus to have an Event Painter that speaks different languages and that will be able to communicate and interact with your guests.
- Contact them with any of your questions and notice the tone they answer you in. Do they answer you right away and are they courteous?
Once you’ve decided which painter is the best for you, you will want to ask them for their price list, but beware of low pricing! Event painting is amusing for your guests but it is a skill that takes years of professional training and thousands of hours to hone.
A professional Event Painter will visit your venue, ideally with you, the day before your event in order to have a better understanding of the natural light and to choose the best possible view. On the day of your event, they arrive 2-3 hours prior to the start of your event in order to set up and start sketching and painting the background of your painting. They continue painting for another 3-4 hours during your celebration and will eventually complete your painting in the studio the following weeks adding precious details and finishing touches.
Have you found your Event Painter? What criteria did you use to seek them out. Let me know in the comments below.